The NEST Initiative is excited to invite all NEST users and developers to the annual NEST Conference. NEST Conference provides an opportunity for the NEST Community to meet, exchange success stories, swap advice, learn about current developments in and around NEST spiking network simulation and its application.
This year's conference will take place at Haus Overbach in Barmen near Jülich, Germany.
We would like you to share your experiences made and results obtained with NEST during the conference. You can do so either by a short oral presentation (10–15 minutes), on a poster or by organizing group work. Please send your contribution (Title, Authors, preferred type, brief abstract) using the Submit Abstract link, or send them by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 November 2017. Since time during the conference is limited, we may not be able to accommodate all proposals. We will try to give you feedback by mid November.
Registration and costs
Please register for the workshop using the registration form no later than 15 November 2017. Registration fee: 50 € including Lunch (19 & 20 December) and Dinner (19 December). We have reserved a room contingent of single- and double rooms at the Conference Center. Please Note that you will have to cover your travel and accommodation yourself (see below).
Please note: Photos will be taken during the event, which may be used for public relation and/or documentary purposes, in online and print media of the NEST Initiative, Human Brain Project or related publications. By participating in the event, you declare that your picture may be used in respective publications.
The Human Brain Project Education Board provides a small number of travel grants for young female researchers (from master students to young post-docs). Please send your application for a travel grant to email@example.com no later than 1 November 2017.
- 1 November 2017 - Deadline for contributions and travel grants
- 15 November 2017 - Deadline for registration
- 19 December 2017 12.00 - Workshop commences
- 19 December 2017 17.30 - NEST Initiative Annual Meeting (for members)
We will provide bus shuttles from Düren train station and Düsseldorf Airport (DUS) to the conference center and back. Please note which connection you require in the registration form.
We have reserved a room contingent of single- and double rooms at the Conference Center, Haus Overbach Juelich. Please book your preferred accomodation yourself.
- single room 50€ per night
- double room 80€ per night
- +8€ per breakfast
To book a room from the contingent, please quote code word "NEST Conference".
- Termine zur Auswahl : possible dates
- Personenanzahl : number of persons
- Kategorie : type of room
- Gästehäuser (EZ) : single room
- Gästehäuser (DZ) : double room
- Verpflegung : meals
- Frühstück : breakfast (choose this for breakfast)
- do not tick others since lunch and dinner are included in the conference fee.
- Bemerkung : comment (mention the words "NEST Conference")
- Name/Vorname : name/given name
- Straße / Hausnummer : address
- Postleitzahl : postal code
- Ort : city